As we get older, our skin loses elasticity and facial features can start to look tired. A mini facelift will remove minor sagging around the cheeks, jowls and neck area, to restore your youthful glow without undergoing more intensive surgery.
Many patients who have opted for a mini face lift have also considered our neck lift and brow lift procedures, and others have decided after initial consultation that a full face lift was more appropriate to help them achieve the look they wanted.
How long will it take?
What can I expect?
- Bruising and swelling are usually minimal but sleeping on a few extra pillows may be of benefit and ice may help.
- Dissolving sutures are used but you will be reviewed after 1 week.
- Showering/hair washing is allowed but a hairdryer should be used on a cool setting only.
- The scars should be moisturised and massaged using a bland moisturiser for at least 1 month.
- Make up may be applied to the scars after 7-10 days.
- Sun block should be worn for 18-24 months over the affected areas as they will be prone to burning.
- It takes roughly 2 weeks for everything to settle after a mini facelift.
- There are risks involved in undergoing any surgery, and these will be explained in full by your consultant during your initial consultation.